My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ellayneshaw.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Snowkissed


This is the first time that I want to kiss you.
I look at the snow fluffed around our feet in soft mounds.
My breath escapes my lips in wisps and clouds, mingling with yours.
In a moment, this space will be gone,
And I will have lost you.
A snowflake falls on my glove, brilliant and perfect.
My eyes look up to meet yours, but you look past me.
You're far away, and I tread the waves of what could have been.

Confession: when I first found this poem tucked into a folder on my laptop, I did not recognize it, but I know that I wrote it, probably a couple of years ago. I don't write poetry often, but here ya go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;