My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ellayneshaw.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Review: The Scene Book: A Primer for the Fiction Writer


The Scene Book: A Primer for the Fiction Writer
The Scene Book: A Primer for the Fiction Writer by Sandra Scofield

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Scofield's approach to fiction writing is very accessible. She includes multiple examples from various texts to illustrate the different principles she discusses in this book, which I enjoyed because there were so many different styles of writing included.

I read the book for a class I'm currently enrolled in called "Fiction Fundamentals." I think the title of my class is actually a good way to describe this book--it is full of the fundamentals of fiction. Scofield covers all the basics of fiction writing in this book, so if you're new to fiction writing or aren't really sure how to tighten up your prose, this is a great starting point.

I would recommend this book to newer writers or to prolific writers who have yet to really focus on their craft. I did learn through the book, but it left me wanting more. Again, a good book for the basics, which I needed help with, but probably not for a more advanced writer? I will most likely continue to refer to it in the future.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;